TATRA’s subsidiaries supply it with various products and services. In the past they formed part of TATRA, but are now independent companies with a wide range of their own customers. These TATRA subsidiaries are Tafonco and Taforge.
Tafonco a.s. is a commercial foundry which collaborates on a long-term basis with companies operating in the automotive, construction and engineering industries, including deliveries for agricultural technologies, tractors and fork-lifts.
- castings from grey and ductile cast iron, steel and aluminium alloys with weights from 0.1 kg up to 3,500 kg,
- wooden, metal, resin and polystyrene models of all kinds.
- comprehensive services, e.g. painting, heat treatment and machining of castings.
Tafonco a.s. has a long history and has been connected with the production of TATRA passenger cars and trucks since the commencement of foundry production in Kopřivnice in 1860. It was previously the exclusive manufacturer of castings for TATRA.
Areál Tatry 1448/5
742 21 Kopřivnice
Tel. +420 556492518
Fax. +420 556494821
Taforge a.s. is a commercial forging company providing services in the field of die forging to customers requiring forgings of various weights and complexity. The company also delivers to international markets and its services include:
- cutting metallurgical semi-finished products,
- metal heat treatment,
- steel-grit blasting and sulphuric acid pickling,
- cold sizing,
- straightening on hydraulic presses,
- design of forgings and pressings,
- forming process PC modelling,
- design and production of forging tools,
- commercial activity.
Since its foundation in 1853 Taforge a.s. has been connected with the production of TATRA passenger cars and trucks, and it was previously the exclusive supplier of forgings for the company.
Areál Tatry 1447/4,
742 21 Kopřivnice
Tel.: +420 556 49 36 52, +420 556 49 26 62, +420 556 49 23 25
Fax: +420 556 49 48 50